COVID-19 OPERATING STATEMENT
We are open from Saturday 16th May operating at our normal opening hours.The Orangery Tea House will remain closed but we will be serving a takeaway menu from our new Bakery & Deli in store.
In order to ensure the safety of our customers and our team we will be following social distancing guidelines throughout our store in-line with government advice. Please read the following guidelines so you know what to expect when you visit.
- We are limiting the number of customers in our shops at any one time in line with the Government’s guidance on social distancing. Please be aware that you may need to queue at the entrance once capacity is reached. Please help us to respect the wellbeing of all of our customers and team. We thank you for your support and patience at this time
- We will be limiting shopping time. Please note time in store might be limited
- We urge all customers and team members to follow Public Health England’s advice on handwashing. This remains the recommended preventative measure from PHE
- We have provided cleaning, and hygiene procedures in line with guidance, including frequently sanitising commonly touched areas and paying special attention to check-outs
- Both our baskets and trolleys are still available for customer use. We are providing facilities to sanitise your basket or trolley between customer use
- We are introducing signage and floor markers which have been placed throughout the store to help customers maintain 2-metre distancing
- Our colleagues and customers’ wellbeing is our top priority, and we have taken extra measures to protect them both by installing protective acrylic screens on our tills to provide more protection between our customers and our teams. Please note that we may have fewer checkouts open to maintain social distancing
- We will only take card payments (chip & pin or contactless) to prevent unnecessary contact. We have increased our contactless limit to £45 for card payments and a £500 limit for Apple pay and other mobile pay platforms
- Please note that our restaurant will remain closed, this includes all inside and outside seating areas. Customer toilets are also currently closed. We will be operating a takeaway service at our newly installed Bakery & Deli
- For a limited time we are unable to offer refunds or returns, our policy will be extended to offer this at a later date, standard T&Cs apply. We are sorry for any inconvenience
Please do not visit The Garden Society if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or if you are feeling unwell. Everyone should be trying to follow these measures as much as is practicable.
- Social distancing measures are steps you can take to reduce social interaction between people. This will help reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough